Sunday, December 10, 2017

Afternoon Blog.....


The new tree for the glass blown ornaments has been completed. We want it to be seen outside through the window and because of that I altered the tree a little. The tree was altered by me not putting in the back four branches of the tree on the first bottom level. The next level I left off three branches and then a couple of more were taken away to allow the tree to go up close to the wall. I really would not have had room for the whole tree. It doesn't look too unnatural unless you stare at it. Shrinking the bottom of the tree makes it work without crowding the bed.



While unpacking Christmas boxes I found a two quart sized plastic bag.  Inside it was this set of snowman ornaments.  I must have bought it after Christmas and wrapped each one to place them in the bag. The bag was easier to pack than the big box the they must have held them. I totally forgot this group but they were needed to fill space on the bigger tree.

We have one last tree to finish and that one is my wife's angel tree.  She will do all of it as it is here collection. It is a smaller tree than the new one that I showed you in the top photo. I will get photos when it gets to b done.

I put out a 300 light string on my terraces of the  front yard.  I got it all installed and plug them in.  Of course, one section of it, in the middle, is not working. I am going to patch in lights in that section with a small string rather than go through all the procedure I had to do with the 300 string. I am going to wait a couple of days though, as sometimes a section will come back to life if it gets turned on and off a number of times.


I have one other tree that is up, that I will share tomorrow. The story is short but plans seem to always change as you do things.  I am blogging late again today but at least I did have some new photos. I wish everyone to have a great Sunday evening and thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Now that is some way to alter a tree, looks like it worked well. I saw a tree advertised the other day with a flat back to fit along a wall. Your tee is lovely:)