Sunday, December 29, 2019

Sunday's Post...


A new sculpture that really is not and angel. It is a mother nature woman of the woods. Her skirt is carved to look like birch bark. She does have woodland wings like an angel and they too are carved to resemble birch bark also. Jim Shore is the original artist that recreates these for sale.


On the front of here birch bark skirt is this wooded scene with cabin and deer. It is a wonderful creation.

I almost forgot about this tradition of buy my wife one of these.  I went to the Hallmark Store and they had just a few things for sale. Most of them were not Christmas themed and this was exactly what I wanted. Jim Shore is the artist.

We are having a quiet day at home today. We are still weary from out Chicago trip.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Ela said...

Beautiful figure of an angel!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas !
Happy New Year !

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I thnk Mother Nature is very appropriate for the holidays.

Rose said...

I love her...our nativity set is Jim Shore...our younger daughter bought it for us years ago and it is one of my favorite gifts ever.

Far Side of Fifty said...

She is a beauty! I love all the Jim Shore carvings:)