Sunday, December 8, 2019

Christmas is Coming.....


It is time to watch the Nutcracker's Ballet on PBS. Some poor Chinese person got paid ten cents to paint one of these and I got to buy them all for half price. I don't know which tree that they should be hung.


I read a posting about Shiny Brite ornaments and this piecture showed some of the original authentic ones in a box.

The original boxes looked like this one with window showing the ornaments inside. The reproductions of these are pretty accurate in their creation today.




















These two are good reproductions of the old fashion glass blown ornaments. I questioned the shape of the one on the right in this picture until I saw the same kind in the one box up above.


We were gifted by a Sunday School teacher- friend a new poinsettia.  I have not had time to photograph it so I am sharing an archived photo.

We are having a warm day today.  Tomorrow will be a very cold, windy day mixed with lots of snow. Thank you for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I would like to find some of those ornaments...I need a few new ones as several of my favorites have broke.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I love the Shiny Brites! How nice that you were gifted a Poinsettia. Stay warm I heard an Arctic Blast is coming!

Laurel Wood said...

Beautiful ornaments.