Thursday, December 12, 2019

Moonglow......

It was so hazy last night that I didn't think I would be able to get a shot of the full moon. Lots of moisture in the air tends to mess with my camera's automatic settings.

I did pull it off but I didn't get that sepia color that I can sometimes get.  I had to lean my back against the house and look straight up to the sky to get the shot.  It did steady me to take the photo but I could tell the haze was messing with the clearness of the shot. It is a perfect round shape though and I am glad I forced myself outside in the cold without shoes to get the quick shot.








The sparkle of the lights and all the color really makes Christmas a great time. My Mary and Joseph ornament didn't pick up very strongly. I did get the shine though.

Strong contrast with the sharp edges of a house with the soft dress of a doll. I really like the house ornament as it reminds me more of a country school than a cottage. I follow a facebook group that posts country school houses still standing in Iowa. It is fun to see all of them.  One guy says that he is counting and he has found his number 2,000 school house.

I remember when I was young that a friend of my parents had bought a school house in the town of Murray.  It had been moved into town to be turned into a home. When it was resold, June bought it and put all her excess antique furniture in it. It was neat to see inside of it.

I need to surprise my wife and get this plug into an electric plug.  It plays music as it spins around.  I need a mulitplug so that I can plug in everything that sits on the table.

I feel a little under the weather today but did force myself to get a garland attached to our stairway railing. I almost took the box with garland back downstairs. I did get it done and took the empty box downstairs. I am winding down on the decorating thing but I do like it once I get things put up.

Our snow is melting off of the deck as we are going to warm up for a couple of days. I think a storm with freezing rain will kick in right after the warming trend.  Thank you for checking in today. 


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The moon was big and beautiful last night, I tried a photo with my cellphone. Your Christmas Decorations are all so beautiful!