Monday, January 4, 2021

Monday's Mentions....


 


 

I tried to relive the old days by creating this terrarium.  It is a novel thing but not to impressive.  I don't have to water it as it holds it moisture in its little world. I don't know how long it has been since I first planted it but I do think it has been over a year. 

My neighbor wrote me a note today saying that deer had been up on my porch at our old place. She feeds a stray cat on out porch and I bet one of them wanted to eat some of it.  The snow fall has been so heavy that the deer are having a hard time finding food in the harvested corn fields.  We are melting a little bit today but it really isn't clearing much.  Our old place has a field across the street and small herds of deer could be seen there in the night in the past. 

Thank you for stopping by today.



2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I have always loved terrariums but it has been many years since I created one, yours are doing well.
My dog and I saw a deer on the church property across from us last week. The church has many life sized animals in the woods for their archery meets and at first I did not know that deer was real

Far Side of Fifty said...

Terrariums were all the rage back in the day...the late 1879 maybe. Deer on your old porch that is exciting! Stay safe!