Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Middle of the Week....


 


 My smaller yellow day lily is putting out lots of blooms. It doesn't look smaller until you see the larger bloos below.




It is not a native thistle flower for us.  I am assuming it came with the birdseed above.  I will clip it soon to keep from seeding and spreading in Iowa. The flower doesn't look like a thistle bloom but the foliage and stems do make it look like a thistle. 



My two neighbor guys probably hnd dropped jaws this morning. I backed my truck back out into the drive and hand washed it. I would have waxed it but I didn't have any right now. The reason I washed it is because it goes into the shop tomorrow. Two possible things wrong with it are the throttle position sensor or the shift solenoid. My son searched it on the internet and I think that it is going to be the problem that they will find and solve. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Such a pretty variety of lilies. I had to buy a new to me car a few months back when my 13 yr. old car quit. We both have been sick and have only been able to hand wash it once. Hope the repairs are reasonable and that the work goes smoothly.

The Furry Gnome said...

Love those Day Lilies!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have some colorful lilies, Larry, and the yellow ones are my favorites here.
Thanks for your comment on my post about the NH ghost town on Monson and for letting me know about Buxton, Iowa. I did a search online and leaned that it was a racially diverse coal mining town with churches, hotels, homes, YMCA and more and upwards of 5000 residents at its peak.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I think your yellow thistle might be Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius) probably from your birdseed!

:)