Friday, August 2, 2024

Friday the Final Finish....


 Who needs a trelliw when you can use tomato vines as their support system. They come up volunteer from the previous season.  The birds also scatter the seeds as I see them coming up all over my different garden areas. 



The other purple flower that I have is this clematis. It isn't a strong looking flower but when it starts to put out many blooms as the plant matures I am sure it will look great. 



A strong color from my phlox is still showing off throughout the neighborhood. I don't know when I will regret it spreading everywhere but I don't right now.  When they start to shut down the ground is covered with all the individual flowers. 



The hardy geraniums grow well in Iowa. They bud out in small bunches and then they explode into large flower bunches. This is one of my favorite colors even though the red is a strong traditional choice. 

I mowed the front yard this morning while the temps were mild. I hope to get the backyard mowed tomorrow. I finished water sealing my stairs and railings. I will finish cleaning up the work clutter that comes with such a project.  I actually use those stair railings to get myself up and down the stairs.  I need to wax the rials to make them smooth as the sealer makes them feel ruff. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

KCD said...

Nice job on the railings. See you left space for a couple of flower boxes. I am in envy of all of your flowers right now. Out here in CA most of our garden has shut down for the summer. I picked the last of my six cantaloupes yesterday before the local varmints got them. They had worked them loose and rolled them around some, but apparently they were too heavy to carry out over the 6 foot fence around the garden. Usually they take a few bites for their efforts, but not this time. If I left them there for another night, who knows. I suspect raccoons as the perps.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I like the flowers so pretty, purple is my favourite colour