Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Middle of the Week....


 Old Blue is enjoying the summer weather with light rains and cooler weather. The tree is one of the things that we thought was a bonus in buying our house. It is an amazing tree. The story is told that the former owner had planted eight of them originally. The grand kids that lived with them for a while because of their behavior problems mowed them down by accident or intentionally. I am so glad that the kids moved away and this one did survive.


My yucca did seed very well from all those blooms. The five stems look bad so I looked it up. The people say one can cut them down.


Evidence of job done is exhibited. I know have to figure out how to dispose of them. I will probably have to cut them up into small sections and put them in a recycle bag. 





The zinnias continue to increase in the number of blooms and I really like it. The recycled seed seems to put out a variety of colors. 

We are being told that the high temps are coming our way. I probably should have mowed today but I am giving my body a break for a couple of days. I sat for awhile this morning and watched the rabbits and chipmunks scampering around in the yard. I did get photographs of them.  Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Phlox are still putting on a colorful show:)