Monday, August 26, 2024

Mentions for the Day....


 


 


 


 

I spent a lot of time at the fridge place with meaningful conversations this morning. I can't say the conversations were always happy ones but I refused to be the victim.  I was allowed to exchange the larger fancy fridge with a small plain Jane one.  I really didn't want to buy that one but my kitchen is designed for a cheap fridge.  Hopefully they will get us the new one and the one that never did work after three days will be taken away. I got a refund which surprised me as the salesperson thought I might have to pay for the exchange.  When you sell a fridge with swinging doors the customer needs to be told how much space is needed to do that. 

I fixed my neighbor's deck post this morning in the heat.  She was a needy person that wanted it done yesterday. I had to put in one more lag bolt to tighten up the post so it would not wiggle.  I found another one that I can also do when I get free to do so.  I got overheated while doing the ratcheting of the bolt and had to ask for water and sit down for a while. Heat can creep up on you and one doesn't show up until one stops and the body says you have overdone it.

We return to the hospital tomorrow as a conclusion to all that my wife has been going on with her health. We need to be at the hospital by nine in the morning. I hope that it will not be a long day for her sake. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Hope things work out with the fridge
Needy people are so annoying

KCD said...

When I am doing a job for somebody for free, it gets done on my schedule, not theirs. If that doesn't work for them, they are free to pay some handy many $$$$$ to do it when they want it done.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you exchanged the fridge!