Friday, August 23, 2024

Friday's Finds....


 

I couldn't figure out why the hummers weren't feeding. I went out and checked things out.  I guess when it gets totally empty they just don't bother to check it out anymore. I filled it one evening and had hummers back the next morning. 



A new young mourning dove was out there and it just didn't plan on leaving while I was grilling. It didn't have fear of me, a moving object. 



I finished mowing the backyard this morning. I sent this photo to my wife to show her that  I was done. It was getting to be too long and I did leave a few wind rows in certain areas. We are having good temps right now but it is promised to get extremely hot again. School started today for most schools. I bet they wished they had spent more time in their swimming pools. 




The knock out rose is putting out some last blooms for the season. The red is so wonderful to see on this rose. Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Your lawn looks so neat and inviting !
Yes, HOT again next week, my flowers are drying up slowly, I'm tired of dragging the watering can around twice daily.
We never replaced our Knock Out Roses, I miss them :(

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Knock out Roses have lived up to their name!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

You have a nice looking yard and lovely flowers