Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bits and pieces of more Valentines........


I can't date this card but the dancing hearts remind me of the early twenties stuff right before animated movies were being created.



 An interesting heart house but this ain't good English....




I did find another German made card.  This one said Made in Germany while the other card said Printed in Germany.  This card had one of those honeycomb paper decorations on it but they have totally fallen apart.


Secret code on the back of this one from Lucille Myers.  If this is the same person, Lucille Myers must have been her country school student as she grew up to be my first grade teacher. 




I guess I will finish today with a little housewife humor.  I suppose this is either a cooking pot or maybe a boiler in which you cooked your clothes clean.

Have a good Sunday everyone.   I am going to get some rest today and do as little as possible.  Thanks for stopping by.......

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Larry, I love your Valentine's Day theme. Your cards are sweeter than the Valentine's Day post I just did.
Pity the honeycomb decoration didn't last - I have a real soft spot for those.
Take care - sounds like you've been working hard.

Silverlining said...

Larry,

The "heart-shaped" house is lovely. For me it's the epitome of divine love spoken in a whimsical way! Food for thought!

Melissa

The Retired One said...

Love these!!