Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday's prattle...........


It has been a busy time around here as my wife had to ship four paintings to Oklahoma for an art show.  She belongs to a group of artists that sell together on the internet and one of the members arranged for a show to take place down there. We aren't going to be able to attend but the work will get there and be hung for a month or two.  The group is called  Chisholm Trail Art.

I had to make the four frames and get them stained and finished the past few weeks.  I was very particular with them as they were headed to an art gallery. It took us both a couple of days to get them packed and shipped in two different boxes.  My wife also sold a painting to a customer in California so the shipping of that was on the agenda today also. The paintings ranged from a landscape to horses.


Did I forget to tell you my wife made me a red velvet cake for Valentine's Day?  It is all gone now but it was delicious.


While subbing in one of the rooms last week I took a photo of this canvas bag that the teacher was using for a decoration.  It looked like she collected chicken things and this was a nice illustration.

Our weather turned cold again but it is with a lot less snow on the ground for now.  I can tell the days are getting longer but I do know we will have more snow sometime between now and April. I didn't get called in today for teaching as they were having conferences today, but that was a very good thing.  I can't believe how much piles up in the way of work when other people have things for you to do.

Thanks for stopping by and take care.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I has been years since I have had a piece of Red Velvet Cake..and it looks so good..I hope you enjoyed it! :)

Anonymous said...

Red Velvet is one of my favorites. In college, my best friend's mom would send one back with her and we would devour it!!!

Linda said...

I've never heard of a Red Velvet cake. Is it chocolate?
Funny that you couldn't resist the photo urge!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Larry, the red velvet cake looked delicious and Grenville likes that cake also. I have a local artist friend who might be interested in selling online. Is there a link for a website? BTW your frames look great!

There will be an arts festival at the local community college this weekend and I plan to take some photos for a blog post. The nice thing about this festival is that its free for anyone to participate AND sell their works. I have an overstock of photo cards from when I was doing local shows and hope to sell a few as finding for the future camera purchase.