Friday, February 11, 2011

Old Valentines..........


I was sorting through some old valentines and I thought I would show a quick peak of just a few that I found.



This one impressed me with it's high quality of print and how the front and back were overlapped just like a sophisticated Hallmark card would have been created today.



I really have a lot of these that I want to share.  I really had never sat down and gone through these until now.  Some are from friends to my mom and some are from mom's children when she taught country school.  That was in 1940's that she taught school.  I have a special one that I will share later that was given to my mom from her grandmother.  That is a very old one and could be dated in the late 1920's.

We had a cold thaw today as the snow on the ground makes the air still feel very cold.  It will be warmer tomorrow and maybe we will actually lose some serious snow drifts.

Thanks for stopping by...........

4 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Wonderful old valentines! Thanks for sharing!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Some things get better with age, and these old Valentine’s are a perfect example, Larry. I have seen some similar ones, but unfortunately don’t have any. In my opinion, modern ones are just not as beautiful or sentimental.

OiseauBird said...

so cute
thank you for sharing

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the old valentines..they are something else! :)