Saturday, November 3, 2018

Falling Rain in the Fall.......


The front trees are looking really great for fall. My wife and I don’t remember this much color in the leaves of the tree last year.  This is quite a fine show.  The developments north of us required everyone to plant at leas two ornamental pear trees.  In the thirteen years one can see that some of them chose to take the out.  Both neighbors beside us have removed their trees. I think that it makes us look uneven with out having trees lining our streets.  I was given an excuse from the one neighbor who said his trees had some problems.  I sure don’t have any problems with mine.  I will have to rake all of the leaves up and put them in the truck when they all fall to the ground.

I put out some specialty seed for cardinals and bluejays.  It rained and I had to dump it all on the table. So far the squirrel and sparrows are the only ones that are eating on the pile.
Here is a photo of a sparrow jumping into the skillet.  I didn’t intend to get a motion shot but it did happen.  It is raining today so the birds are busy eating in the falling rain.


It is a dreary cold day.  We were out in it to go to the bookstore and had a sandwich.  We came home and put on the fireplace for a little while to take the chill off the house.  We can warm it too much because Barney’s fur coat keeps him toasty warm. I wish you all to have a good weekend. Thanks for stopping by toady.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

tour trees are very pretty! I can see you will have a considerable amount of fall work soon:)