Saturday, November 10, 2018

Saturday’s Spot....



It is early morning Saturday and Barney and I have been outside already. I came inside with him and ventured out onto the deck.  I had seen Mars while in the front yard but on the back deck it has vanished.

We were out and about late last night. We were picking up our son at the airport in Des Moines.  He arrived from Maine through Washington D.C. about 20 minutes late of the schedule time.  I now understand why I see so many planes at night when I am taking Barney outside for the last time at night.  There were five flights that came in over a period of an hour, coming from New York, D.C., Ohio, St. Louis and other airports. When we got our son home, I took the dog outside and another plane was coming in around 11:00. We are about 12 miles north of the airport and on a clear night I can see everything coming and going.

Our son took off with the truck this morning, heading to Ames, to do some tailgating at the ISU football game.  His college friends are getting together to relive a few memories.  The temperatures for everything they do before and during the game will be at freezing temperatures. The guys are all in their early 40s so they don’t see each other much.  Aaron comes from the longest distance and others are coming from Omaha and places scattered throughout Iowa.

Our only squirrel comes into the yard to find some good food.  He has free range to attack my pile of sunflower seeds on the back patio. I didn’t have good luck with feeding those sunflower heads in the winter so I am letting him help himself now.
He sneaks up to the deck to get some variety in his diet. His antics are fun to watch as he uses the deck as a jungle gym.
As it was snowing yesterday,  parts of the sky was looking like this. We are having sun today which will make it feel warmer outside. We have the bookstore on schedule some time this morning and the afternoon will be a good time for resting.  Thank you for checking in on my blog today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you had a good visit! Still cold up here and snowy:)