Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Middle of the Week....




One should start with the easiest one first.  I left the tree all together with lights and had wrapped it with a sheet. The stuffed animals all were in one plastic bin and were easy to put on the tree. One tree is done.  Another tree stayed together in one piece also and that was the angel tree.  The tree sits there in the living room and the four boxes of ornaments are ready to go.  I am thinking it will go up today and the empty boxes will be taken away to the store room.


We do enjoy decorating and we do it for ourselves only. No family company will be around.  I will put a couple of trees in windows so the world can enjoy them and I guess our large tree will also go in front of a window. We are starting early as they can then stay up for a longer period of time. Our big tree is the one that has a lot of work involved.  We will hit that next one when I get all the parts up for it to be assembles.

The plants that are all now indoors are still leaning for good outdoor light. It is a nice double window for all the plants and they do well there all winter. Can you spot the begonia, oxalis, aloe plant and the two leaves of the poinsettia.


The moon is waning.  The clouds were surrounding the moon but the camera didn’t bother to pick them up when it wants to take that larger glowing sphere.

I don’t know how they pull it off but the bouquets have one specialty plant.  This one had a lily that reminded me of a day lily.

I worked at the old place this morning, cleaning and straightening.  I had wooden drawers and shelving from the wood storage unit that I tore out of the one room.  I spent some time removing nails and dismantling drawers  I ended up with a lot of dimensional lumber that I can now use to build new things.  I am pretty excited about the wood pieces as they were in great shape even though the unit must have been built 30 years ago.

We are warmer today and that is good.  We still have the wind but it is more tolerable with warmer temperatures.  I don’t think I am going to get to rake my leaves as they are dropping slowly and are blowing everywhere.  That is a great plan for me but I really can’t keep them in my yard.  Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are way far ahead of me decorating trees! It is such fun to see yours:)