Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Thanksgiving Shopping....


The vapor streams from the jet makes a distinct line in the sky compared to all the fluffy clouds in the sky.


The sky has been filled with clouds so much that the moon revealed itself just at a brief moment . I haven’t seen the move for a lot of days now. Seeing the jets flying over this morning good as the clouds have thinned out now.





I keep taking more shots of the amaryllis and they all do look about the same. Having to wait for its second season to bloom has been a good bonus.

As life continues on I find people passing away that are closer to my age.  A neighbor boy on the farm has passed away.  Monty was the first person to get onto the bus after we were picked up.  In the 60’s he was a cool guy with a very friendly, kind smile.  I can still see him saunter down the aisle of the bus grabbing the handles on both sides  one after another as he found his seat.  He could have just walked down the space but it was more dramatic as he did that. He was born in 1943 and live with his farmer parents and an older sister.  My memories of him was of how much he liked to do things with my older brothers.  He always seemed like an only child but his sister was four or five years old. I can still see him and my brothers jumping into our farm pond to cool off on a hot summer afternoon. I was seven years younger than him so I could only watch all that they could do to have fun.  I remember in 1962 when he brought over his Chevy Malibu to show to my brothers.

Monty married and had three kids.  When he died at the age of 74 his body finally just gave up. He had fought intestinal diseases and liver failure in his younger life. A transplant did help but it barely kept him healthy. He had these conditions for 30 years or more and yet stayed strong and worked on his farm.   I last saw him at his mother’s funeral a few years back.  I had not seen him since his hight school days but my parents keep me up to date on his life. I didn’t think he would know me but he smiled and said he saw me coming back in the line.  He would know Larry anywhere.


We did get our Thanksgiving shopping done this morning. We wanted to get through it before the store gets too crowded. Our major grocery store is packed on weekends and especially on holidays. The cashier told us that this week is sometimes really busy earlier, as people take the week off to do thanksgiving. I do know that I may have to do a return trip to pick up any things that we have forgotten.

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sorry about your friend, it was nice hearing about him. Della's painting is beautiful!:)