Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Frost on your Geese.....


By not deciding to bring them inside, they will weather outside and entertain the viewers.  Our kids were all confused as the look out an see Canada Geese.  Since we do have the all over the area on ponds one expects them to be the real thing.

The red twig dogwoods started showing off their red bark earlier in the fall.  I really like the look of them especially in the snow.  They do stop being red in spring as they leaf out for the summer. My leaves all blew up against the fence to help mulch things there.  I did rake once early on in the fall but with all the winds the leaves ended up right where I wanted them to be.
The house is 15 years old so I guess I can expect to update repairs on things around the house.  This handle on the front door fell apart on the inside of it.  I pulled out some kind of plastic circular part that had broken into three pieces.

It didn’t take long to install the new one here after I readjusted it to fit on the left side of the door and not on the right side of the door. It was made to be universally installed by flipping things around to make sure the lock is on the inside and the key entry is on the outside. All of the latches in the entire house match with each other and now I have a front entry that doesn’t match.  The old latch had a ball shaped on the end of the handle.


The sun is shining today so the flag can be hung outside. It could withstand the weather but I don’t think it should have to when it is so easy to bring in and take out.

Some Christmas tree activity will take place today. I have a couple of artificial trees that I didn’t disassemble.  I just wrapped sheets around them and stored them in the workroom. I don’t have a lot of energy again today but I will get on the task and just do it.

We missed the winter snowstorm by 20 miles.  Southern Iowa is still partially shut down from up to 16 inches of snow. We were braced for it all and the line just missed us with only having lots of cold air.  The wind chills were bad and one didm’t volunteer to go outside unless we had to.  We took a quick trip to get a new door latch so we could shut and lock our door again. My wife picked up some decorations on that visit and we are now home for a while.

I wish you all to have a great Tuesday.  Do take care.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: