Saturday, March 9, 2019

Saturday Standings......


It is melting but you can’t tell unless you take comparison photos of things.


It is a mess on the table but I haven’t seen the top of it for quite some time.  We are going to have rain all day and that may take away the snow.  The birds are coming in to help clear some of the seed.

The deck and roof of the house work together to make a snow drift.  It was at its highest of 18 inches and now after the warm up the past two days has it  sitting at 12 inches. I need to clear that deck soon, in a few days,. I would like to get all of the snow off and the birdseed swept away from the floor. I may have to break down and shovel it later to day.

I took a walk around the house yesterday and that was an adventure.  The snow has an ice crust on the top of it in most areas but once in a while I would break through it sending snow up my pants leg. I had a large drift at the end of the house northwest which kept me walking closely along the house.

Snow receding from the step is a great sight.  It actually cleared off in the middle of the night. Clear dry sidewalks are good to see. I had to replace the innards of the small bathroom toilet tank this morning.  That has been simplified with hand tightened pieces to connect the water.  The problem was the hand tightened parts were probably put on 15 years ago.  I had to get tools to help hammer loose the screwed seal.  It all went back together better once all the old stuff gets tossed away in the waste basket.



We will be seeing spring some of these days.  I doesn’t look like it right now but the sky light is better.  Our time changes back today and it will make me tired no matter what.  I am going to be glad to get onto some spring projects.  I have a dead battery on the truck so I will deal with that soon.  The globs of snow that fall off of the car has made the floor of the garage filthy.  I can hardly wait when I can swing up all the doors and garden hose everything back out the door. There was a flock of starlings out at the feeders today.  I don’t know if they are migratory but we had black birds throughout a few yards.

We were out for breakfast today at a cafe call the Original Pancake Place.  I never was at one when they were going in the 60s but I do like the old fashion pancakes and bacon and eggs.  Great coffee is a necessity to keep a place like that going. They actually close at two in the afternoon.   We will stay in for the rest of the day and will just watch it rain.  I hope everyone is well out there and thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Laurel Wood said...

Pancakes, eggs, bacon and coffee sound delicious on a cold, rainy day. I am glad to see your snow is beginning to melt. We have been having a lot of rain here. Hope you both have a good night.