Friday, March 8, 2019

Snow be Gone......


It was a blustery snow on Wednesday and the guy was trying to eat out of that little hole of the feeder.  He looked pretty silly.


At the opposite corner of the deck rail was another one of the squirrels waiting his turn to get to the seed.  The one squirrel is a lot smaller than the other. The snow diid come down in large shapes most of the day ending around four o”clock.

I shared this photo on the Photo a Day blog.  The hawk was in the area for a brief time and headed out again as if he could not find a birds to eat. I am calling him a broad-wing hawk for now until I find a closer fit in the bird books. He could be my reason for lesser birds in the neighborhood.

I am blogging late today as I took a trip up to check on the old place.  Everything is good but everything is snowed in around all the doors. It looks vacant, as it is, because most areas are not scooped out for people to walk of drive. I had to wade through snow to get to the door from the street. We are melting today but it isn’t gangbusters so to speak. The hight of 35 degrees F. is helping out but we needed the sunshine with that.  So much snow on the ground keeps the air cold so it only melts slowly.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Silly squirrels! I like the photo of the hawk. Glad your old place is ok but I know it was miserable getting thru the snow to the door. I know you look forward to warmer days and sunshine.

Tanza Erlambang said...

a cute squirrel …
have a great day

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes as soon as a hawk flies through our yard the birds are gone. he is a beauty!