Saturday, March 2, 2019

Saturday’s Stuff.......


I am having a house finch invasion out at my feeders. I am assuming that the ones with more red are the males but all of them have the red feathers on their heads. This guy has a sunflower seed in his mouth.

They are busy trying to work around the squirrel who takes over a whole feeder. They keep and eye on him when he is stuffing himself. The house finch does fly in flocks like a bunch of dive bombers.

The spruce is full of birds.  I know that next for house finches do get built in the evergreen.

Flowers in a vase helps a little when you have the need for natural color. There is a small sunflower bloom in there. They tend to putting a large variety of flowers that makes the bouquet seem less consistent in design.


The thoughts of tulips and crocus are in my mind as the whit winter drags on and on.  It is so cold today that it seems like we will never melt away any of our snow. Garden shows are nice to watch to help one to become inspired during the growing seasons.


Yesterday’s sky was a pretty looking one.  The fluffy white made nice patterns making it seem like pleasant weather.  In fact, it was pleasant because we had reached just above freezing yesterday. Today it is 14 degrees F. with some windchill temperatures.  Thank you for stopping by today.

4 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I love to see those little finches, the are such busy little creatures.
Beautiful flowers on this cold day....it is all so very encouraging.
Have a wonderful weekend, Larry !
Hugs,
~Jo

Laurel Wood said...

I had just been wondering how your weekend weather is. I enjoyed seeing your bird and sky photos today. So cheerful to have a bouquet of colorful blooms on the table.
We worked in the yard some today. The black-eyed Susans are coming up. Also, the agapanthus you sent is up out of the ground! Our daylilies have about 10 inches of growth (green leaves) so far. We have had so much rain, and many trees are blooming now also.

Lisa said...

Oh, your betta looks so pretty! I missed the shots from yesterday, until now. He's really a nicely colored one.
While I hate to think of being petless, my dogs are 10 and going on 9, the cats nearly 10 and 6. I don't want to start again when they're gone. When Boo, our white Border collie X goes it will be traumatic. He's my favorite dog of my lifetime!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty birds and flowers!! Yes I might be sending cold weather your way. Stay warm:)