Sunday, March 3, 2019

Sunday’s Shorter Writing......




My plant keeps growing and I keep cutting it back. It really is a terrarium plant but when planted out in the open it grows big.

It likes being on the top of the new plants stand.  It really gets a lot of light and the leaves are so healthy. The whole planting reminds me of a bonsai presentation but I didn’t intentionally make look that way. I just bought a new book that will give me inspiration to try and create bonsai arrangements in pots.


I liked the book, as the author uses some common plants in which to make arrangements. I liked that she shared some of her soil ingredients which include clay.  My back yard is full of clay and I can find small gravel and sand to help create bonsai soil. A couple of plants that I consider weeds where also used to create groves of bamboo trees.

We did make it out today in spite of the very cold temperatures. We are still sitting at 1 degree F. and that is a warm up from -5 degrees F. that we had this morning. One tries to park as close as possible to the entrance as the windchill is around -22 degrees F. My face still burns a little from being out in it.  The day has sun but it is very deceptive.  I hope that the warm up will come very soon.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have a green thumb! Yes raw wind here today also. I hope this spell is over soon, the sunshine is good but the cold...I am so tired of it :)

Laurel Wood said...

Pretty plant and that looks like a great book. I enjoy you sharing your many hobbies with us. We visited a garden which sells the tools for bonsai gardening...it was all fascinating.