Friday, February 4, 2022

More Birds and Birdhouses......


 A warming up to 21 degrees F. really didn't mean much with the wind wildly blowing. I have been keeping two feeders going for my sparrows.  In rare times a junco might show up but I don't see that happening very often. 



The small shell comes from the top of Mount Carmel in Israel.  We were having a quiet time alone, spaced around on the mountain, when I looked down and saw this shell.  I have a theory that someone brought soil up to the top of the mountain, perhaps to bury cremains, which had a shell in it. The area is where Jesus met with his disciples and sent them off to preach. The view is amazing as one can see down over the valley of Israel.  Below us was the view of the Dead Sea in which no life with shells would live. 

I ventured out for meds this morning and picked up some needed groceries.  I got chilled from being out as it was cold and the wind chill was so much colder.  Our snow is still on the ground which adds to the cold air.  I have another smaller bird house in the works with scrap wood again.  I was going to stop making any more but then I found some stray pieces that would make the four sides of a house.  I also had a stray set of triangle scraps to make the roof.  This will make number five if it turns out acceptable.  

Thanks for stopping by today. 


1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

That wind can bite right through a person. I finally found a coat and pants that have wind barriers in them. It makes a huge difference.

Looks like your sparrows are happy! I'm going to have to write down which birds have come to the feeder at my place out of curiosity.

I'd love to see blue birds this spring!

Stay warm.
That bird piece is amazing! I love it!