Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday Off.....


 It looks like spring and it sort of feels like spring.  It is 61 degrees F. but the ground is still frozen solid. 



So, we still have drifts of snow and it isn't going away that quickly.  I have a set of Christmas lights that are laying on the ground at the bottom of the stairs.  I still can not get them out of the ice puddle. This warm day really is  not a warm day. 



I blogged about this lamp base months ago.  We finally went to the store to buy a birthday present and wandered through the lampshade department.  I shared this with my brother and he said it must be an antique.  I made the base in shop my freshman year in high school, 1965.  I was a scared kid but I found a piece of cedar that I immediately cut up into squares. I just started stacking squares to create the design. 



Fifty seven years later I am still playing with pieces of wood.  I started out with a base and created a design for a pagoda birdhouse. The house is designed to be detached from the base for clearing out the debris from bird dwelling.  When I took the photo I really didn't plan the before and after of years of woodworking experience. I should of used new cedar wood for the birdhouse just for fun. 


I am really happy with the rehab of the white birdhouse.  I know that it is so far from the house that I won't really get to appreciated except when I am out working in the yard and garden.  I am anxious to see if birds will fill it at both ends of the house.


It is a quiet Sunday afternoon.  We took the whole day off getting some rest and relaxation.  Sometimes you have to make oneself to do nothing.  Thanks for stopping in today.

3 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

It was such a nice day today, I had to find an excuse to be out in it... even if it was only to talk to the neighbor. I hope the warm weather stays a bit.

The Furry Gnome said...

61F and very little snow left!? You must live in the tropics!

Val Ewing said...

You are quite handy with woodworking. Stacking up blocks I could do if someone cut them up for me. But that would be about it.

Love those birdhouses, they are so unique. I hope many birds get to enjoy them.