Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Two, Twenty-two, Twenty-two....


 The begonias bloom in spite of the winter weather. We have icing and a light snow right now.  Tonight our temperatures drop into the deep freeze. 


Instead of building bird houses I am painting on my found rocks.  It is a challenge as one has to paint the work around what the rock features are.  Sometime the rocks different textures helps to inspire my design.


 

This is the back of the rock.  It is a found rock along the North Shore where rocks have a lot of iron in the stone.


This is my first attempt at the composition.  It doesn't look like this anymore.  I have to paint and look at the result and then evaluate the total picture.  I can't put a light house on this rock like a lot of my rock paintings have so I am going to  have to do some strong, good paintings of seagulls on this one. 

Thanks for stopping by today.
 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

That is neat, I can't wait to see the finished rock.

I have to admire anyone who can paint!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That will be a fun project!!