Saturday, February 26, 2022

Saturday's Shares.....

 

I have trained goldfish.  Every morning they see me coming and all five of them gather in the corner next to the fish food container.  I am sure the container actually probably is the trainer of the fish.  I will move it today and see where they go tomorrow morning.  It reminds me of a memory of our two living dogs.  We left them for a weekend at a kennel.  When we came to pick them up, they both were outside at the corner of the outdoor fences and watching and waiting for us.  They were so excited. 



I started another with scraps from spare parts.  The white pieces of front and back were failed pieces.  I was able to use them covering up the bad saw cutting job.  Anyway, I put the whole thing together and it was all horribly assembled.  Today I took it all apart and reworked the white pieces and tried it again. The roof on it before ended up crooked and cockeyed.  It looked bad. The white pieces were not parallel.

 

This morning I worked for two hours to recheck sizes and alignments.  I was very frustrated and thought I might just toss it in the garbage bin.  With care and new processes I got the front and back squared and standing vertically and parallel to each other.  When I trial fit it, the roof pieces I could see that I did get it figured out right this time.



The roof now has the old holes remaining that show how badly it fit.  I did notice that I left out the end piece and will have to remove the one side of the roof one more time.  I think I will quit being frustrated with it after a few days.  It is kind of a nice design.



It was 8 degrees F. this morning.  We are now warmed up enough that the thin layer of snow is melting.  We can see grass again in some places. 

Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad to see you got some snow, even if it's not much.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You got snow out of that last storm, we did not. Nice birdhouse!