Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Melting....a Little.


 We are warm enough to melt snow.  It is windy and it still feels cold. The Canadian geese (fake) are out of the snow now and can see brown grass. 



We did get a lot of snow quite a while ago and it stayed frozen for a very long tine too.  I won't be planting tomatoes for two and a half months.  I will need to trim back all my roses now or at least when we get a warmer day than today. 




I stopped building new ones but I did get stuck with this messy project.  I wanted to rework this and new paint is happening now. 



I am not an expert on birds but I decided to divide this large birdhouse into two compartments.  I made another hole in the opposite end and put in a divider.  I am thinking that birds like the spaces just big enough to make a nest. 

Paint is being applied to all outside surfaces.  The roof had growth and mold on it and it now also has a new coat of paint.  I am making outside wood pieces to add to make it less plain looking.  The previous owner made this or bought this and it was made from very thick pieces of redwood. 



Thanks for checking in today.


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Your geese are back! And your grass!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow your snow is melting!! There is hope for Spring in Iowa!!