Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Bloom Where You Are Planted......


 


 

It started to open this morning.  The iris came in a peat pot that had been started in a greenhouse.  I put it in the pot as the Oregon weather is different than ours.  It budded immediately when I planted it as two others did not.

 


 First fall.is down by ten o'clock in the morning.  The standards seem to be shorter but that may be because it is in a pot.



The company gave this iris the name of "champagne" which seems appropriate.  We still are not warm enough to be working in the garden.  I will put all three in the ground when things get better outside. 

We had rain in the night and it was cloudy for most of the morning. We really haven't cleared much this afternoon but it is a little brighter.  Having a slow day today related to my blood numbers.  I actually had to eat some M and M's to bring up my counts this afternoon.  Happy day for a Tuesday.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Champagne is a good name for a color, nice blooms:)