Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Junco....


 

My first siting of a junco at my deck railing.  It has been a while since they were here leaving in the  spring to head north. I was confused about its color but its shape was one of a junco.  As I researched the colors of juncos I found that there were some that had similar colors of sparrows.



The round eye and the beak gave me the hints needed to know that it was a junco.  There should be more as they do come here for the winter.  I am more familiar to seeing them as a darker colored bird.  I see the junco's in Oregon are brown ones.



I waded out in the snow to retrieve the birdhouses.  It was 25° F. and I was glad to get back inside again.



I put most things into the bathtub to dry off from the wet snow.  I should have and could have brought them in sooner but my health was keeping me from doing so.  The blue glass globe does need to come it but it really isn't in danger being outside.  I just like to keep it inside away from hail storms or strong winds. 



I will be staying inside for the rest of the day.  We will not thaw out today.  The downy is digging away from around the piled up snow.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Wow! You got some snow! We didn't get that much here even though it snowed all day.

Most of it melted in the grass and pastures. It was pretty though.

Far Side of Fifty said...

We now have more snow than you. The bird houses are a bright spot in the snow:)