Friday, April 28, 2023

Friday.....


 My seeing young morning doves at the feeder caused me to look it up on the net.  A pair of morning doves can start nesting in late February and early March.  The net said that a pair could hatch out four or five batches in one summer.   The article I read joked about how they build a flimsy nest in a morning and start laying eggs in the afternoon. The nests are so flimsy that they could lose a few eggs or babies frequently and it paid for them to have many tries at hatching out birds. 



Some workman has wrecked havoc on patio the past few days.  Tools, soil in bags, mulch, buckets and painted eight foot poles are all in the mix.  The screens and stuff had to be moved so I could work on my trellis project.  When I get the job done it will be all cleared, cleaned up.



This is a view of a trial fitting.  I have four posts now installed, two posts removed and replaced at a higher position to make every one level at the top.  I did battle with one pole again as it was bolted in and seemed to be crooked enough to keep me from trial fitting a trellis.  I have used a three foot level on everything too many times but I do now thin I have it mastered.  I have a couple of more days of work in order to have the job finished. 

It is warming up enough now that we have to have the air on to cool us off at some point in the afternoon or to cool the house down before going to bed.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Some guy is really busy!

I may take out a big ol' wagon wheel and make that a trellis for morning glories. But I am not as talented as you!