Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Spring is Springing.....


 


 

My daffodils are doing well.  The yellow ones at the top look like they have multiplied.  It is one of my favorite spring flowers ever since I saw my first ones out by the water pump when I was a kid.  I was the water boy getting drinking water and an every day trip showed the different flowers coming up and out including the crab apple with so many blooms.  Tulips and a parrot tulips would come at a little later time. 



The pussy willow tree is pushing out with great fluff.  The birds love some part of growth on this tree. 



My interior clipped branches show a close up of what the buds are doing.  The yellow color is a surprise and really doesn't show up at a distance on the actual tree. 



The tree is full of birds including the singing house finches.  I lost a chunk of the tree last year but the whole tree seems to be still intact strong enough.  I again say that I never knew that there were pussy willow trees.  All I was ever to see were the bushes for all of my many years. 





I purchased the lily late in the season and I do now have two blooms open.  They are planted later in the ground and will bloom again next spring.   Our high today is 82° F. and have the air conditioner running for sure.  I don't set it to be too cold as what I like about it is the way it makes the air quality so much nice. Our outside air is full of things even though our humidity is low.  We are told that no one should be burning anywhere as the winds and dryness is too great.  I can't burn in town anyway so I won't be breaking any rules.   Thanks for checking in this Wednesday.

4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Our Daffodils will be blooming soon.

Val Ewing said...

Beautiful! We are under red flag warnings and flood warnings at the same time. Dry air, high winds, and snow melt from up north!

But my daffys are opening.

Love the pussywillows!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your daffodils are beautiful! I believe the yellow is pollen on the pussy willows. Our Pussy Willows just popped open yesterday! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Beautiful daffodils and always enjoy seeing these spring blooms. I haven't seen a pussy willow plant in many years.