Monday, April 10, 2023

Tax Day.....


 

The hyacinths are up and in bloom. I did not see the sprout up so I was surprised to see them. A neighbor's little grand daughter loves  purple and she had to come see them yesterday.



The weather has warmed up and the sparrows seemed hungrier than ever.  They fought for spots in which to eat. 



I at first thought this was a cow bird.  Brown headed cow birds have the dark brown color on the head. I think this is a young female but I could be wrong and I think it is a cow bird. I will look up my bird book to be sure.  A friend on the blog suggest that it is a cat bird.  I can't find an exact image similar to this but I think she is more correct.  Cat birds have the strangest calls.


 

The old cover looked like this.  I am sure that the original cover was a black leather one typical of this furniture.  The cover here was a second time around for it and they didn't do it correctly.  My cover had to be done to cover up all their tack holes.



I put the upholstery tacks on the corner in today and it was a difficult job.  The cross wood pieces were made of oak apparently.  I had to pre-nail a thin nail into the wood and then pull it out. I still couldn't get the tacks in very well. 


I am now using the new restored footstool.  It is a Gustave Stickley oak piece and probably is older than me.  I was glad that I could restore.  We got our taxes done today.  It took less than an hour and it cost us a lot of money in taxes and processing fees.  We are going to go out for free pie tonight at our local Perkins tonight.  Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Wow that footstool looks great!

The birds sure are busy. I can't wait to see a hummingbird or even one of my favorites...a cat bird!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The stool looks great with that chair! Tax Day what a relief to have that done:)