Friday, July 26, 2024

Hot.....


 Hardy Geranium red is so great to see. This is just a small start of the plant but the color is so strong.



In the heat of the day I installed the railings on my stairs. It wasn't so difficult to do once I got started. I just had to sit down on the stairs and work slowly.



While working I was texting with my sons who were having a windy day in Minnesota.  I am pleased with the end result of this project.  I found a gallon of Thompsom's Water Seal leftover from the deck so I will do that first to the new railings.  I still would like to paint them white to match the trellis at the bottom of the stairs but I don't have the energy for that right now. 



The yellow rose bush is starting to show some great blooms. It isn't covered with buds yet but some is better than none.



On the opposite side of the color wheel the purple morning glory is put out a few blooms each day. 

We have lots of humidity with our heat today. It is not comfortable even when you walk from the car to the grocery store. It is Iowa but it would be nice if it were a cooler state.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

That staircase looks amazing! I love the plants you have in between the rails.

Really unique!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your railing looks great! Stay cool!