Thursday, July 18, 2024

Thursday's Things....


 I took out the nest as she was long gone.  The past week she started to rebuild for her second rounds of baby robins. 



It is a great show of color with all its frilly edges.  He has the same color scheme as one of my other day lilies but this is larger wit  more reddish color.



The smaller version is a nice flower though.  I have two plantings of this under my patio shelter area.  It still has some more buds yet to open. 



My brown eyed susans struggle with the salvia crowding it.  I use to have a larger set of plants of this. 



The way things are today when it comes to buy major items it is something else.  I remember when we bought our couch and we didn't get our couch.  We had to wait for it to be built.  The new refrigerator has been purchased. We treated ourselves to a great model that is designed wonderfully. Unfortunately we won't get it for about another month. I should have known but it is the new way of marketing.  We don't have our walk in shower yet either.  They keep telling us that they are waiting for all the products needed for our new shower to come into the warehouse.  I am beyond getting mad anymore as it just is a stupid way to treat customers.  I am glad that there are stores where you can pick up items and pay for them and walk out of the store.   Thanks for checking in today.

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet you will like the freezer on the bottom. Sad that you cannot get things like a fridge and a shower in a big city like Des Moines:(

Val Ewing said...

I have to agree with you on that! I am pleased though that I did find a plumber that can usually get the job done in a week when they have to order parts.
I did get an estimate for a walk in shower too and it was reasonable.

I just contacted someone to cut down trees and they said they'd be out...and haven't. Now I'm on to looking for someone else.

I get it.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

We had an upside down fridge and I loved it but I am a short ass at only 4'11", nice looking plants

The Furry Gnome said...

Understandable frustration!