Thursday, July 4, 2024

The Fourth....


 

A late blooming William Baffin rose is the closest thing that I have to red and white, no blue.  It's a hot fourth of July that started out with a light shower. I worked in the yard this morning in that heat. No special thing to do other than we had hot dogs for lunch with salads. We may watch the pbs specials with music and fireworks. Our town will light up tonight with many houses shooting off fireworks in all the streets. We can set on our deck, front step or the sun room and see all sorts of kinds of fireworks. It will be loud and smokey. 



The humming bird has raindrops on it as it feeds in the light shower. She stayed and drank for such a long time. 



I must have planted two parts of this as it grows on two sides of my patio area. It has delicate colors with the inner ring not being so dominate. 

 


 

I worked at protecting my new growths of zinnias. I have screens that surround the two planting area, inherited from the former owner who grew vegetables.  The birds are eating at all the new leaves of the young zinnia plants and screening does slow that down to give the plants to get big enough that they won't bother them anymore. I know it is birds because rabbits would devour the whole plant in seconds. 

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy 4th! Your Phlox is lovely:)