Tuesday, June 12, 2018

A Feeding Frenzy......


Batches of birds come to feed as they learn to feed themselves.  The house finches here are still flying together and feeding together.

There are a couple of  nesters that come to the feeder.  They at first just sit on the railing trying to figure out how to get to the sock and hang from its side.

They young finch is growing its bright yellow feather. They come in groups also but they scare easier when I approach the window so there are fewer photos.

Swing boy has been swinging for quite a while. The brick and Minnesota rock are not placed there for a purpose. The brick weighed down a Christmas tree base and rocks seem to be everywhere.

Finishing up on the plumbing of a sink base of the downstairs bathroom today.  I made less trips for this job but I did have to go back and buy one more thing.  The hose from a toilet to the water supply is a different size than the sink connections  to a water supply.  I thought I had it correct but sometimes I just don’t take the time to read the package.  We had rain again last night so the yard up to the old place will be too wet for mowing.  The heat has slowed down the growth of the grass so I won’t mow today.  I keep hearing from others everywhere that they are getting heat or rain in long spells and it seems to be just like Iowa.  Our future temperatures are not going to be cool.  Sunday we are projected to be over 100 degrees F.  I hope all are doing well and thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have a good batch of baby finches! Stay cool, I hate it when it gets over 80 degrees:(