Friday, June 8, 2018

Friday’s Report....


He is a friendly guy that lives on the patio. He had to weather through the winter as I just didn’t get him brought inside to stay warm.

I tossed a handful of morning glory seed from last year's vines into this old window box. The one end of the planter germinated a lot of vines but the opposite end doesn’t  have a single start.  I suppose I need to thin them out or try to spread them out a bit. The seed was very viable and the colors of them are, of course, unknown.


My wife picked out a lavender plant and it likes being in the raised bed with the tomatoes and marigolds. I assume she will have to pick some of the blooms as they fill out more. Scented drawers of linens will be the one place they will go.


Yep, they are both white. The car my wife chose was white.  The truck that was for sale a year later from a person was white and I couldn’t get a different color.  The Taurus is out of the garage and will not return to this area.  I spent time figuring out how to get that truck in that spot.  I have the truck in there with about six inches to spare. I kept moving it in and out yesterday to get where I wanted it to be.  I unfortunately  can’t get to my work counter.  I may have to move that to the other side of the garage. I think there is room.

When I see these two vehicles together I alway remember my friend Dave Clark.  We worked together at the public school during the summers. He had been a hospital administrator and he was being an electrician for the school in the summers.  He told the story many time that his employees were told they can pick out all the colors they want for his hospital as long as it was white.

I am headed to the farm today to do some work on a bathroom.  It will be inside work of course and it can’t rain on me there.  We are to fight humidity again today and I think it will be our future all summer. Thank you for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

I enjoyed the post, this summer weather is better
then the snow but we will long for that cool snow before long.

Far Side of Fifty said...

White vehicles get really dirty on our gravel roads. Of course yours look great! No gravel roads for you!! Stay cool!