Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Long Life for Geranium....


It was moved from the pot and placed back into the ground this year.  I have lost track as to how long I have had it.  I pulled it from the pot to plant it and it had short, meager roots but it did start off growing again. You can see the stress of the heat on the blooms. We will continue to be hot the rest of this week.

The old fashion hydrangea transplanted well at he new place.  I have blooms forming on the long stems.  I had intended to trim in back but it bloomed anyway.  It is planted in the clay foundation soil which is what this kind of plant thrived in for years at the old houses on farms and small towns. I do think that if I prune it back it will make more of a compact ball shape bush. When I can get a focused shot of the blooms I will share them.


I knew something was planted here by the water barrel.  It didn’t come up until now.  I thought it must have died.  Now it is up and I don’t remember what it is. The leaf shapes are so familiar, maybe it looks like a hibiscus, but I am not certain.  I will know when it blooms.

The blue spruce has so much moisture that it looks like it is lowering some of its branches.  The new growth shows how much bigger the whole tree has grown this year all over the tree. The tree is still holding onto its last year cones.  They must start falling, I would think, as the new cones will need to develop.



This is not a bird free post today.  I have a tool shed below one of my windows and the thistle seed falls on it from the feeder above.  These new little birds were fun to watch as they tried to pick the seeds up to eat. I think they are house finch birds.

I will have to start watering things again as the heat seems to dry things out regardless as to how much rain we get.  Mowing grass and pulling weeds are on the list for today.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Glad to see you are having so much luck with your transplants.