Sunday, June 3, 2018

Sunny Sunday......


I believe they are house finch youngsters.  They haven’t taken on any red in their feathers yet but the appear to be too large for goldfinch.  The goldfinch young seem to still be hanging close to their parents.

The young goldfinch have taken on color already.  They do like eating the bugs off my tomato plants and it doesn’t appear to be damaging them as they look for them. As with last year the young all will just fly away into their own new worlds and not return.








The pussywillow in my back corner was allowed to grow large and it has limbs that turned into the size of trees.  I cut all of this back last year thinking they were just sucker branches.















The tall limbs from the shrub just had one of them rot off from the base. I will cut this in half and take to the old place to dump it at the town’s dumpsite. I really like having a truck.  I am now debating as to trim back the branches at the bottom or let it become a bush at the base.









Our six days of severe heat destroyed the blooms on most of the iris and peonies.  This iris variety regrouped and I now have blooms on it again.  It must be a tough variety. You can see how dry the soil is in that garden from all those days of high temps.

















I planted this, morning glories, a few days ago and was very surprised to see how fast they germinated.  I am keeping them in the shade until the roots get fully developed. It took so long last year to get these started so I will baby these along this year. I haven’t seen any evidence of my morning glories on the ground at the deck post.  They seemed to come up and start blooming before I notice them. There is another one of the invasive vines at that pole.






I have kept these watered every day since they were planted in the front yard planter. In the past few days the petunias started putting out multiple blooms. They survived all that heat but they sure were never allowed to have dry roots.

We are having a beautiful day today.  It is more like the spring that we didn’t get the past few weeks. There is a light breeze and it is 60 degrees F.  right now.  I think we could hit the 80 degree mark but it will be late in the afternoon. I thank you for stopping by my blog today.

1 comment: