Monday, June 25, 2018

Downtown Marvel......


Some of you may remember me posting shots of this building a year ago.  It sits downtown Des Moines and I could see it while visiting the Arts Festival.  This year it is still being constructed. The whole building is wonderful with all of its different balconies and the main roof.

In this blurry banner you can see the finished Kum and Go office building. Most of the outside walls are glass.


In my opinion, it is a Frank Lloyed Wright inspiration with all the cantilevered balconies and roof.




One more shot of it shows the twisting of some o the two top roof parts and the rest having a lot of overhangs.  It will be good to see if finished next year when I return to the festival.

The sunrise on Saturday was looking like this.  We did end up with rain in the evening gaining another inch of rain through the night.  We have had a overcast sky  all day today. It is the wettest summer that we have had for along time.


The overcast sky gave me an opportunity to get a photo of the hydrangea in focus.  It has been hard to do with it being planted on the side of the house where it bright most all of the day.

I did get a lot of things done outside today and it was nice to have the good weather to work in for a change.


It is crowded out there now as I added a new feeder for the birds. The sparrows have joined in on the feeding frenzy with the new feeder letting the eat.  The sparrows can not hold onto the thistle socks.  Thanks for hanging around today at my  post.  I hope to see you her again tomorrow.

No comments: