Saturday, June 30, 2018

More of hot and humidity.....


It was a hot Friday evening and the sky glowed.  Our low in the night was 74 degrees F. which felt like 90 degrees F.



Barney finds it to be safe under the table and the floor is cooler there. His people keep him hydrated as often as possible.


The blurry shot of the rabbit shows here that it is getting ready to go under the blue spruce.  I discovered this morning that she is a mother rabbit. While mowing this morning I had to stop and wait for a small little bunny to scamper crawl back under the tree. I was so glad that I did see him. It was too hot to be mowing but I had to get it done.  I was done by 9:00 and the temps were up 82 already.










Our neighbors had built this at least a year or more ago.  It was in partial completion when we bought our house.  Since then it did get shingles and some trim boards. The last summer the trip boards were finished and he is just now spraying it with primer paint. All winter the mess had not been cleaned up from his work.  The mess included a large part of a piece of plastic that dangled out the one window.  It blew back and forth all winter.  Early spring the young girl wanted to get inside so things were straightened up a bit. While I was mowing this morning, the white primer was finished.  It had been in a partially painted point for the last three weeks.







We were gone late morning and when were returned a dark gray was sprayed on the body of the building.  It is looking really good.  The young man and his wife have two girls and he does work a construction jobs.  I am thinking that is why he is able to stay outside in the heat while painting on it. It will be interesting to see if he places real windows in the openings and how much more will be done.  The frontside of the house has a porch with pergola on it.


I watered everything this morning. My wife and I joke as we have friends that say we should not water in the morning. I have actually heard it both ways that the watering should be done in the evening.  I break the “rules” continually as I water when I have free time. My zinnias are alive and growing well because of my watering cycles.



My rose is a nice one but this is the last good one on the cluster.  All the clusters on the rose are spent now and once this one is finished blooming they all get to be cut off.

We are 91 degrees F. at three in the afternoon and the thunderstorms are now coming our way.  Rain would help green up my yard now that it has been mowed.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Guess you are ready for July, real hot here to.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute playhouse! It was hot here today too...stay cool:)