Thursday, June 21, 2018

Friday is Coming.......Tomorrow.


The robin succeeded to raise these three maybe four birds in their nest under my deck.  I share the closeup shot of the baby birds on my Photo a Day blog yesterday.  I do have another robin story to share in the future, of the one lone robin that stayed in the front yard all spring. That will be later when I get photos.

The buttercups that are growing around the peonies are going strong. I have had to water them everyday as they shriveled up on me at the beginning of our heat wave season. I have never grown these flower but I do like them.  The bloom season is really short time-wise.






My wife picked out this lavender plant and I planted it with the tomato plants. It balances a chives plant growing in the opposite corner of the raised bed. I have never grown this before but it looks like it is doing well. I have yet to pick a bloom and bring it inside. I am not sure that this will winter over but I will know by next spring.







This small young goldfinch is delicate looking as he learns how to feed off of the sock. I see a lot of female goldfinch youngsters but this is the first male one that I have seen.  He was so young that he wasn’t even startled when a guy with a camera showed up in the window.


I am thinking that this is periwinkle. It is a new plant for us.  We put it among the petunias and it seems to be holding its own. It doesn’t act like the petunias will crowd it out. It does put out a strong flash of color.


I will be mowing today at home. The shot of the dove shows that it is getting long.  I have a person who now mows the major areas of the lawn at the old place.  I will need to take a push mower around to do areas that the neighbor mower won’t hit with her large rider mower.  I will stay home and get the yards done today and some other chores finished. I have plans for another row garden of flowers to cover a problem in the yard.  The dog is causing the problem and I think I can spot plants and mulch in the area to make it all look better.  That means I have to go buy some more flowers.  I will take my wife with me and we can have an adventure.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Love your flowers and your sweet robin's nest!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope all those babies fledge okay!
That red flower is a Periwinkle or Vinca...it likes heat and sunshine. Good luck on your plant buying trip! :)