Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Building things....



I like to build things. This 104 year old house has lots of character and really needed a good inviting entry. I worked at adding a new, bigger porch area and steps that are done correctly. When I was younger, a lot younger, I made steps that had 8 and a half inch rises, which was hard for people to use. So making the top of the porch floor stick out a foot more, and then redoing the steps with the right number of steps, one can now comfortably walk up them. The columns are recycled from and old house and the roof and all is all new. I am not done as winter took over the project so in the spring, I will add proper railings and proper, older looking railings. I also have green shutters to replace that hung on each side of the door. My next project is a storage unit of such, shelving to hold all of our framing tools and materials required to frame pictures. We have a frame shop and gallery where my wife, Della paints and we sell artwork off the wall. Della also sells her work world wide over various internet sources. I am anxious for spring now as I have the porch to finish. Tomorrow I am going to tear into a shelf storage project.

No comments: