Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yes, I do paint....



It seems that I need to confess it is time to start painting. I have had two people just today say, don't you paint. Well, yes, sort of...... I painted a lot as an art teacher. I would create examples of work for the students either before class or during a demonstration. My demonstrations were somewhat better as I was more spontaneous and I really wasn't bothered being watched while I worked. My wife and I use to got to Minn. and paint for a couple of weeks on the north shore. I always had a good body of work started and most times finished it up during the year. I have a commission coming up of a trolley stopped at a loading dock ready to take off from the depot. It is going to be large and I really hope fun.
Since I retired, I have been getting all sorts of loose ends taken care of and family, and framing, and my mom's house needs to be emptied of all of it's possessions. So.... it is time to start painting. I will have to force myself to quit doing other things and schedule in a time to work. Let's just see what happens.

2 comments:

Ezhilan said...

I like the natural scene. In the second drawing it's possible to feel the presence of the person,even without the physical presence of that person.

martymom said...

Yes, you definitely need to take time to paint! ! ! Things seem to get in the way for me, also. I learned to just take the day off at least once a week for just painting. I am not the artist that you are, but I am working on it. Every once in a while I come up with a great one and then it gets sold. It is exciting to see someone get excited over a piece of art that I have created. I love you art. So. . . make time to paint. As Ever, Marty