Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday..........


It is tulip time in Pella, Iowa this weekend and they are not fighting snow storms this year.  My big show is the few yellow tulips that I have and these two apricot tulips.  I have more that will bloom but they are putting out color late this spring.



I talked about the oxalis yesterday and here he is today.  I would rather have a vine in this planter but that hasn't happened.  I will plant these oxalis out into the ground when it warms up for me to do so.



The wild violets are starting to bloom in the warmer areas of my property.  The creeping Charlie is doing well also.  The leaves seem to be good mulch and they do shrivel up when it gets to be warmer than it is now.



I am having a slow Friday.  It is my day to do the Spanish room sub job.  They are taking tests and working on projects which works well for me.  The kids are having a slow day also.

I believe the weather guys today that we will get up to the upper 60's today.  We haven't seen sunshine for a long time.  I see by radar that it is clearing out and the rainy season is over with for a couple of days.

It was good to have a day off and now back to school on Friday seems harsh.  It will be good to have the day done and start the weekend.  I need to mow my yard now but will wait to see if it warms up for it.  I guess I have mowed it before last spring with a heavy shirt and sweatshirt with hood. I can do that again.  Everyone have a good weekend and thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Patsy said...

I like the color apricot it is different. It feels good to get out in the yard now and plant.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow you have tulips! It is looking like spring at your house! I thought of you and Zinnias one day this week...they are old seeds so plant them heavy:)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Our tulips have come and gone....87 degrees sunshine and they decided they liked the cooler spring weather, and hopped it.
Your flowers look like they are ready to pop at any moment, they will love 60 degrees !
Have a lovely weekend Larry.
~Jo

The Great Ethan Allen said...

All that rain mad me a little nervous this week. I'm just happy our apartment is still dry. I guess there will be rain coming again next week...fingers crossed it does not all happen at once!

Also, Love the warmer weather today!