Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunless Sunday.....


This is a tulip even though it doesn't seem to appear to be one. It is a splash of color like an explosion with distinct line designs.  I spent the day yesterday helping judge a conference Art Show.  The three of us judged 23 different categories finding five place winners in each category.  The three of us accomplished the task in 6 hours.  It was a fun day and yet extremely tiring.  A couple of breaks helped out but it is a lot of time standing.  It wasn't a job that could be done sitting down. We judged a color and a black/white section that was fun to do.  My standards on photos have risen a lot since I started blogging back in 2009.

It took a chunk out of my weekend but I really did find it to be an interesting job.  There were works from 10 schools there.  I use to have to show my students work in these yearly events, for 35 years in fact.  Now I was abe to feel the things a judge experiences as the shows are evaluated. It is easier to judge than to do all the work it takes to teach the art, collect art work, display art work and manage the kids all at the same time.







This is a different shot of the white daffodil that I posted on my photo blog. They are my favorites.  I didn't have very many blooms this year but maybe next year they will do better.  I had planted some of these in my garden and also in my mom's garden.  I successfully brought the clump home with me from my parents place and they grew happily in my garden. It means I have two clumps of them and I am glad to see them.













The nest report for today shows what the eggs were doing three days ago.  I would expect that they could be hatching today or tomorrow.  I will try to monitor the nest to see what is happening again today.  The robin always leaves the nest when I am out there and she  pretends to be hurt and puts on a show to draw me away from the nest.






I will need to take new photos of the lilacs in the next few days.  It may be raining today or storming.  Maybe tomorrow I  can get out for a photo shoot.  I have a white lilac that only blooms at the very top and that top is ten or more feet high.  Maybe my neighbors on the alley will have white ones that I can reach to photograph.  The mild rainy day we are having seems like a spring shower that will last forever.  We are headed to teach Sunday school this morning and if it isn't storming we go eat out for Mother's day.  I wish all will have a great day.  If it is storming we have to return to tend to our scaredy cat doges.  Thanks for stopping by my post today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I don't believe that's a tulip! And our lilacs aren't even thinking about leaves or flowers yet!

L. D. said...

I would believe me either but it sits on a tulip stem and has tulip leaves. I don't remember buying it but I am sure I was trying to buy a parrot tulip.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful shots! I love the eggs in the nest!