Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday.........


The birch tree is almost 40 years old now.  Its trunk really makes a great background for the two tulips. I see that the fallen branches and limb make it looks like a natural landscape.


As I wander the property I see this flowering shrub looks better than it did.  I thought it was doing poorly and I now realize it was slow to mature.


Each day I am taking out one more planter or pot of geraniums.  We supposedly are past the frost warning time as of today.  You can see I have dead heading to do.  I do think the hardy geraniums will have a littl bet of a shock coming outside from a long winter inside.  The shock isn't too bad for them and the bigger problem will be remembering to keep their soil watered.

 While at the bookstore I picked up a photography book of great photos of the past.  It was a National Geographic book of a variety of photos.  Two things impressed me as I looked through all the photos.  The professionals many times try to get only one thing in focus and the other things are left blurred.  It becomes a photo of motion with special effects. One mallard duck was in focus and hundreds of others were in motion.

The other thing that I noticed was the special angles they used for capturing plants. They had a lot of top view shots of plants.  So you will see me playing with the camera again.  I did take a picture of a columbine flower yesterday and it was blurry and the foliage was in focus. I won't do that to my viewers.

I am in the Special Education, head teacher, today at the high school.  I like working in the room and hopefully can help to explain, teach, or encourage a few more students. I can also correct a little bit of bad behavior along the way.  We have a cool day today and there will be no rain.  We had a small shower last evening for a short period of time but things are going to be drying out a little more today.
Thanks for stopping by today. 

1 comment:

Vicki Lane said...

Love the tulip picture and your shot of the baby birds in the previous post!