Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday, A Good Day.......


Another shot of the ornamental pear tree.  It has a great sweet smell.  The chokecherry is next door and it also smells great.  The winds seem so strong every time that I am out there that I have a difficult time getting a close shot of any of the blooms.  I guess I could cut one off and take the picture inside with my dining room table as a background.


I have wild violets like this that are a very deep blue color. My camera does not want to pick up that deeper color.  It is the camera and the photographer's fault.  Again I may bring in some of those dark colored violets indoors to see if it will help.






I need to buy new tulip bulbs.  I have a lot less tulips that I use to as they have died out on me.  I may grab some cheap ones later this summer and I can still put them in for next year. Most all of mine are yellow and this one lone flower gets mistreated by Barney.





The foliage is great to see and the pale iris flowers are great to.  This bloomed the first time last year so I am expecting greater things this year.  I transplanted a part of this elsewhere and I see it didn't survive. I also see that my hens and chickens did not survive the winter either.  I thought they were like a sedum and it wouldn't die that easily.


I will finish off with another bluebell shot.  I have taken a lot of them this year and sadly they are starting to close down for the season.  I am in the high school classroom again today.  The instructor is taking an Ecology class out to explore the real world.  For some kids, they rarely go into the timber.  Other students are avid fishermen or like to canoe.  They will do a self explore today.  A forensics class that he takes out looks for animal bones for a day in the woods.  It is going to be warm today and really hot on Wednesday.  I will have to put in my upstairs window air conditioner as our upstairs warms up on 90 degree days. Thanks for stopping by today.  Take care.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is grand to see all the trees/flowers blooming in your part of the world after such a tough winter.

KathyB. said...

Don't you just love all the new blooms & blossoms that are popping up this time of the year ? It really can be a challenge to capture them in pictures though because my camera often doesn't seem to get them the way I see them !

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those Bluebells are stunning! That is such a pretty bed..and yes those fern will take over after the Bluebells die down. Air Conditioner time already...it was nice here today but I still needed a light sweatshirt to be comfy:)

troutbirder said...

Your right way to windy for flower photography yesterday. And it was a especially tough winter on many plants and the deer herd didn't help my white cedar either...:)