Thursday, May 8, 2014

More Buds and Blooms......


Lost is found with my apple blossoms shown above.  I took pictures a couple days ago of the apple tree buds and the photos were lost.  When I look through my visual folder, I had overlooked it.   I wrote about it in my Photo a Day blog today, remembered I had the shot  and I had to go searching.  I am glad I found it.


My friendly rabbit risks his safety by being in the back yard with Barney running around. I smiled looked at the dog wondering why he didn't see him and when I looked back, the rabbit was gone.


I had forgotten how full of blooms that this tree has until it gets to that stage.  The smell is so great and when I mowed around it yesterday it left many small white petals in my hair.  No it was not dandruff.


I will finish off with this photo of this lone tulip out next to the patio.  You can see how I had a lot of grass die out in sections of my yard.  I am in the special education room today.  The air is not turned on in the build yet so it will be interesting to see if the building gets to be too warm. Our outside air is very humid and is going to warm up to 80 degrees F. today.

It was so hot yesterday, 90 degrees F.,  that my small white petaled daffodils closed down and shriveled up in the heat.  I see this morning that two blooms of many blooms did come back out for the morning.  The others are gone.  We are promised severe storms this afternoon.  That forecast actually made the national weather this morning with pictures of tornadoes on top of Iowa.  We hope that doesn't happen.  Thanks for stopping in today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures, Larry. That is a brave rabbit!

I saw the weather report for your area and Karen's on the early news today. Hope you remain safe.