Saturday, December 11, 2021

Saturday....


 The first snow is a light one. We warmed up  in the afternoon so most of it is gone now. It is ironic that just today I got the last bill to pay for the person who mowed my yard. 



I am required to take the shot because it was the first snow. I regret that the effects of our weather did help to cause the bad weather southeast of us. We are suppose to have very warm weather this next week. 



I was in a gloomy mood yesterday morning and had decided not to decorate this tree.  The lights were on it for the effect of a tree in the window being view by the outside people.  I was remembering all the people we lost this year and it is sad.  The two persons that died this past month seemed to be too much.  Then I remembered all those that were lost and how they lived their lives the best they could with so much energy and love for life. I decided to quit feeling bad and went in and put the ornaments on the tree.


I actually became happier as I handled this collection of glass blown ornaments.  The memories of the different groups or kinds of ornaments range back to the 1970s.  I will share their different stories as I continue to blog. Some of the ornaments were owned by my late brother and mother.  Others that are really nice were gifted to me as presents, the gifter knowing that I was a collector. I do remember each one and where they came from.  I will share some of my favorites in the future.  The Italian snowman cook with his pizza and mustache is unusual.



Most of these ornaments were picked up as sales items after Christmas time. The modern ones can be just as good as the older ones and some of them aren't hand painted so well.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

You got your snow and we lost ours.

Val Ewing said...

I think those ornaments that are gifted create wonderful memories. I have a few that give me a smile when I recall my MIL gifting me a hand blown glass carousel horse for my tree.
I'm glad that decorating lifted your spirits.

Far Side of Fifty said...

We have to concentrate on those living, at our age it is important! :0